On the first day of Christmas, The Sacred Olive paired for me:
Blood Orange Olive Oil & Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
• -1/4 cup The Sacred Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil
• -1 cup white sugar
• -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
• -1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• -1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• -1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• -1/4 teaspoon salt
• -1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
• Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar (used as a finishing agent)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9×9 inch baking pan using our Extra Virgin Olive Oils or our Butter Olive Oil.
In a medium bowl, mix together the blood orange olive oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
After brownies have been baked drizzle The Sacred Olive Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar on top of each brownie for a sweet and delicious finish!