On the tenth day of Christmas, The Sacred Olive paired for me:
Wild Mushroom and Sage Oil & Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/2 cup hazelnuts
• 1/2 cup crème fraîche (see Note)
• 2 tbsps The Sacred Olive Cranberry Pear balsamic vinegar (white)
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 cups mixed greens (loosely packed gourmet)
• 4 asian pear (or other pears, cut into wedges)
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 2 tbsps sage leaves (fresh, cut into thin strips)
• The Sacred Olive Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil (used as a finishing drizzle)
Place hazelnuts on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until skins split. Place hazelnuts in a colander. Rub hazelnuts briskly with a kitchen towel to remove skins; discard skins. Coarsely chop hazelnuts.
Whisk together crème fraîche and next 3 ingredients. Arrange salad greens and pear wedges on salad plates. Drizzle evenly with dressing; sprinkle with hazelnuts, cranberries, and sage.
Note: To make your own crème fraîche, stir together 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon buttermilk. Cover and let stand at room temperature 8 hours. Then store in refrigerator up to 10 days.