Ingredients for the Cake:
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sugar
• finely grated zest of 2 lemons
• 3/4 cup yogurt
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 cup The Sacred Olive Bail Olive Oil
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup finely chopped basil
For the Glaze:
• ½ cup of powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoons of The Sacred Olive Black Current Vinegar
• 2 teaspoons of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan (or use muffin/cupcake paper holders.) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2. Using your fingers, mix lemon zest and sugar together in separate bowl until the sugar feels damp.
3. Add the yogurt and lemon juice into the bowl with the sugar and lemon zest. Then add the basil olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and basil. Whisk until well-blended.
4. Fold the dry mixture in with the wet one and pour into muffin pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
5. For the glaze, mix powdered sugar, black current vinegar, and milk. Whisk until well blended. (Add more milk if needed.)
6. Let cake cool and pour glaze over it.