- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 1 pound Turkey Sausage, browned
- 32 oz Marinara Sauce, store bought or homemade**
- 1 package lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 32 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bag, fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons Victoria Taylor’s Tuscan Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh parley for garnish (optional)
Brown the ground beef and turkey sausage. Add the marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon Tuscan Seasoning. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
While Simmering the meat sauce, in a bowl combine cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, the egg, I tablespoon Tuscan Seasoning, pepper and salt.
Spray the crock pot with cooking spray and begin layering your ingredients in this order:
one third meat sauce
half uncooked lasagna noodles, broken to fit the shape of the slow cooker
half cottage cheese mixture
Repeat 1 time and end with the final third of meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Don’t overcook or the noodles will become soggy.
Cheesy Garlic Bread~ Also makes a nice appetizer served with Marinara dipping sauce
Created for the Sacred Olive by Abby Mckelvy
- 1 loaf of french bread, cut in half horizontally, then in 4-6 pieces
- Garlic Powder
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Oregano
Cut the bread and spread butter over each piece. Sprinkle with garlic powder and top with Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes or broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.