Created by Abby McKelvy for the Sacred Olive
- 3-5 pounds pork butt, bone in preferably
- 1/2 cup The Sacred Olive Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
Place all the ingredients into the bottom of your slow cooker and use only 1 cup of water. Stir to combine. Place the pork butt into the liquid- the liquid should come a third to half way up the side of the meat.
Place slow cooker on low heat and cook for 10 hours. Remove the meat into a large bowl. Begin to shred using 2 forks. If there is excess fat, remove and throw away. Remove the bone and throw away as well.
At this point you can toss the shredded pork with some of the leftover vinegar mixture from the slow cooker for sauce or toss with your favorite BBQ sauce.