On the eighth day of Christmas, The Sacred Olive paired for me:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Black Current Balsamic Vinegar
• 11/2 cups lower sodium chicken broth (fat-free, divided)
• 4 tsps The Sacred Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
• 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
• 1 cup couscous (uncooked)
• 2 tsps rosemary (minced)
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 24 ozs lamb rib chops (trimmed)
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil (substitution for cooking spray)
• 1/3 cup red currant jelly
• 3 tbsps The Sacred Olive Black Currant Balsamic vinegar
• 2 tsps whole grain mustard
• 1/4 cup roasted pistachios (unsalted shelled dry-, coarsely chopped)
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint
• rosemary (leaves, optional)
1. Bring 1 1/4 cups broth, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove pan from heat.
2. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, rosemary, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Rub paste evenly on both sides of chops. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb; cook for 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth, jelly, vinegar, and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 90 seconds or until slightly syrupy.
4. Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in pistachios, and sprinkle with mint. Spoon sauce over lamb. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.